FAQ Summer Holiday
What is the weather like in summer in the Zillertal?
- Temperatures rise more sharply during the day and cool down strongly again at night. Heat waves above 33 degrees are rather rare in the Zillertal.
- We have less rainfall than in the foothills of the Alps, but it is not as dry as in other alpine areas - this guarantees a deep green mountain landscape even in midsummer
- Cooling off at night is a huge advantage, especially for healthy sleep
- In particular, the microclimate in our hotel due to the adjacent jungle is an absolute plus - air conditioning in your room is not required
Is there an Aktivcard in the Zillertal?
- The Zillertal Activcard is available in different versions - we advise against buying this card because the price / performance ratio offers few advantages and you are bound by the activities
- Due to the large variety of options for an active holiday in the mountains and activities for families, detailed advice at the hotel at the reception is very important
What can I do with my children in the Zillertal?
- The Zillertal is one of the most active valleys in the Alps due to the variety of opportunities for the whole family
- There are activities in the valley as well as on the mountain, whether in sunshine or once in the rain, in addition to the ascent aids with the summer cable cars, many activities also allow you to drive your own car without any problems
- In addition to the numerous options directly in the hotel complex, we have structured the variety of activities in different areas with adventure, culture and family enjoyment
Should I bring my bike or e-bike myself?
- Bringing your own bike is now very popular - in any case we have secure storage facilities in the covered underground car park
- We offer very high quality bicycles from Corratec for all guests to rent (insurance fee € 5)
- For all sports enthusiasts who want to try out and rent an e-bike, we organize very high-quality e-bikes via our sports shop floor for € 35 a day
Where can I go hikking in Kaltenbach and Zillertal?
- Due to the topography of the Zillertal, it makes sense to take your own car for mountain hikes or to use the attractive summer cable cars
- The variety of hiking opportunities in the Zillertal is almost limitless, with our mountain guide and host Stephan the best advice on site is guaranteed!
- It is very important to bring good equipment for the mountain hike, especially good hiking shoes and weatherproof clothing.
Does the hotel have baby and children's equipment?
- In the hotel, we attach great importance to high-quality and extensive children's equipment, for example we name the children's chairs from the well-known Stokke brand
- You don't necessarily need to bring a stroller or buggy, the rental is of course free of charge
What activities can I use to inspire my young children?
- In addition to our cool youth lounge with great games and an attractive outdoor area in the hotel, there are some exciting activities that provide adrenaline
- Action and thrills are guaranteed with canyoning and rafting - we recommend the Freiluft academy, which guarantees a perfect holiday experience
- Exciting nature experience in any case, the natural ice plastic on the Hintertux Glacier at 3,250 meters
- Numerous via ferratas in the Zillertal, but especially the Schlegeis 131 with Flying Fox, Giant Swing and many other attractions is an absolute highlight for young people
- Downhill rides with the Monster scooters on the Spieljoch are also popular
Where is the best place to go shopping? Are there attractive cities?
- Mayrhofen as the most famous place in the Zillertal is definitely an opportunity for shopping and is only 17 km away from Kaltenbach
- In addition to Rattenberg as the smallest city in Austria and the district capital Schwaz, Innsbruck is particularly recommended as a multiple venue for the Olympic Games for a day trip
- There are many cultural sights in our region to get to know the traditions of Tyrol in addition to an active holiday