Have a holiday in "Das Kaltenbach" and experience the benefits of the mountains in the Zillertal valley. A summer holiday in Tyrol means you get to enjoy a variety-packed activity programme in the fresh air in the midst of superb natural surroundings.
What would a summer holiday in Tyrol be without hiking? For every level of difficulty you will find hiking trails with wonderful places to relax and enjoy nature. We would like to introduce you to three of the most beautiful tour tips around our hotel:
- Summit victory on "Gedrechter" hikking at more than 2000 meters in altitude. This tour is best suited for those with hiking experience. Highlight is the sunrise hike with your host family
- Stoamannweg – Wimbachkopf – Wedelhütte: Almost four hours hike with safe paths to the summit cross. A healthy fitness level is recommended here. The absolute highlight is the panoramic view from the internationally known Kristallhütte with a fantastic culinary offer.
- Unique place of strength at the Schlegeiss reservoir. Probably the most popular photo opportunity in the Zillertal is at the Olperer Hütte at Schlegeisstausse. A mountain hike with an ascent time of 2 hours – the wide views of the numerous 3,000 m peaks of the Zillertal Alps are worthwhile – and the photo at the unique power place – the suspension bridge – is of course a must.
After your arrival, we will be happy to advise you on various possibilities for your sporting activities in the Tyrolean mountains. Our hiking guide Stephan with many years of experience in the Zilertal mountains will show you the most beautiful places in the Eastern Alps.
In summer, when the warm Tyrolean sun shines over us, the lakes of the region offer the perfect cooling. We will tell you which lakes and outdoor pools are close to our hotel.
- The beautifully landscaped natural bathing lake in Stumm is only 1. 5 km from the hotel and is the ideal place for refreshment, especially in summer temperatures or after your sporting activity.
- The Schlitterer nature bathing lake: The family-friendly lake with a super-cool playground is only a quarter of an hour from the hotel and is perfect for exploring by bicycle via the Ziller cycle path. Bicycles are already available in the hotel!
- The Achensee – an absolute natural experience – the largest lake in Tyrol can be reached in about 30 minutes. There are many possibilities here. In addition to swimming & surfing, a round trip with the Achenseeschiff or in combination a dreamlike round hike along the lake shore to the Gaisalm is ideal for families.
All further information about swimming lakes, natural lakes & swimming pools can be found here:
Of course, during your summer holiday in the Zillertal you also want to get to know the most famous places in the vicinity of our hotel. We will show you which excursion destinations around “Das Kaltenbach” are most worthwhile for you.
- Kitzbühel: The legendary sports city in the Alps with the Hahnenkamm Race. The landscape of Kitzbühel with the Wilder Kaiser is breathtaking and fascinating at the same time. In summer, the excellent golf courses and the famous Schwarzsee are also tempting for a trip to the Gamsstadt.
- Kufstein the fortress town at the border crossing to Germany. Cultural highlights with the operetta summer and numerous events with well-known artists – a visit to the world-famous glass factory of the Riedel company is an absolute must.
- The Olympic city in the Alps – Innsbruck has developed as a sports city and over the past few years also culturally impressive. The architecture and possibilities for shopping and strolling in Innsbruck are almost limitless. A combination with one of the most popular excursion destinations in Austria – the Swarovski Crystal Worlds – is also perfect.