Tyrol's cultural highlights
Enjoy wonderful cultural destinations
Find out about Tyrol's culture while you are on holiday! The area has a variety of interesting excursion destinations which are worth a visit. The best destinations can be found here.
SHOW DAIRY WITH MUSEUM
- Cuisine has always been culturally important in the Zillertal valley.
- Pay a visit to the cheese making museum and sample the various speciality cheeses from the Zillertal valley.
- Pasture milk from our farm, the „Kornerhof“, is used here!
- From hearty and zesty, to traditional and ribald, to fine and mild – every cheese lover's heart will race here, where there is something to suit every palate.
- The show cheese-making dairy is in Fügen, around 6 km from the hotel.
SHOW DISTELLERY STIEGENHAUSHOF
- Here the vivid methods of the "myth of distilling" is explained.
- Schnapps and liqueur lovers will be delighted by the fine distillates like the "Bergheubrand" or "Echt Holz“.
- The show distillery is in Schwendau, around 5 km from Kaltenbach.
The new BrauKunstHaus by Zillertal Bier - on an exhibition area of more than 5,000 m², visitors can look forward to an exciting multimedia tour and an insight into the oldest private brewery in Tyrol. From the right selection of ingredients to the brewing process and bottling, the BrauKunstHaus offers experiences for the senses on three floors. Of course, the tasting of the beer specialties is the crowning conclusion.
New! The absolute highlight is Virtual Reality Schloss Tratzberg - a journey through time with a 3D animation - entering a journey through time of over 500 years, which is absolutely worth seeing - the imposing castle between Jenbach and Schwaz was first mentioned in the 13th century and originally served as a border festival against Bavaria. After being rebuilt by the Fugger merchants, it became the epitome of a 16th-century Tyrolean castle. The Habsburgersaal with the family tree of the Habsburgs, the Gothic Fuggerstube or the royal room, numerous colorful paintings and the impressive courtyard with its arcades make Schloss Tratzberg a jewel.
OLYMPIC CITY INNSBRUCK
You can admire the cultural diversity of Tyrol in Innsbruck, as the venue of the Olympic Games in 1964 and 1976
- Excursion destinations such as the Golden Roof in the old town or the Folk Art Museum, the arsenal, the Hofkirche, the Kaiserjägermuseum or the Ferdinandeum.
- The Tyrol Panorama with the Kaiserjägermuseum takes the "Mythos Tirol" in all its contradictions and fascination under the microscope.
- Worth seeing the Bergisel ski jump, with the tower of star architect Zaha Hadid
- Innsbruck is the capital of Tyrol. The large shopping city offers numerous shopping parks and is about 50 km from Kaltenbach.
SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL WORLDS
- Another excursion destination in Tyrol - visit the Crystal Worlds designed by multimedia artist André Heller.
- Be enchanted by the water-spewing giants and the glistening stones in a dreamy subterranean landscape.
- Wattens is around 40 km from Kaltenbach.