During your holiday in the Zillertal valley you get to experience breath-taking excursions, the wonder of the Alpine animal realm, impressive waterfalls, caves and many more natural spectacles!
- You get to experience unforgettably beautiful views and moments during a journey on one of the loveliest Alpine roads in Austria up to an altitude of 2.000 m and 35 km
- Gives you an impression of the marvellously beautiful panorma of the Zillertal Alps
- Murmelland at Kaltenbacher Skihütte, where you get to see marmots up close
- leads to still serviced mountain pasture huts
The starting point of the Zillertal mountain road is in Kaltenbach, 500 metres from the Hotel Kaltenbach
Enthusiasm becomes noticeable. Animal fans should not miss the highest bird of prey station in Europe at 2,000 meters altitude. The kings of the skies (eagle, eagle owl and co.) with spectacular aerial acrobatics in front of the fantastic backdrop of the Zillertal Alps hover over the visitors, while the falconers tell interesting facts about the life habits of the animals. The Eagel's Stage is is a 10-minute walk from the Ahornbahn summit station and takes place from mid-June to October, daily afternoons (except Friday). The village of Mayrhofen with the Ahornbahn is about 17 km from Kaltenbach.
The high mountain nature park Zillertal Alps extends with an extent of 422 km ² of 1.000 m in the mountaineering village Ginzling to 3.509 m at the Hochfeiler. In 2015, the Zillertal Nature Park was voted the most beautiful natural park in Austria. Highlights in the Zillertal Alps Nature Park include the Zillergrund Reservoir and the Schlegeiss Reservoir south of Mayrhofen.
- On the Schlegeis Alpine Road with 13.3 km long route, waterfalls, natural stone tunnels and many a glacier lookout
- Dam wall guidance - explore the inner workings of the 725 m long and 131 m high Schlegeis dam wall
- Permanent exhibitions Gletscher.Welten in the nature park house in Ginzling
The center of the Zillertal Alps Nature Park is the mountaineering village of Ginzling, which is about 38 km from Kaltenbach.
Completely barrier-free and effortless, visitors from the valley station Hintertux float up to incredible 3,250m. Whether with a stroller, wheelchair & Co. - an incredible sense of freedom above the clouds with fantastic views! The Hintertux Glacier, a natural jewel of Tyrol, is about 30 km away from "Das Kaltenbach". Further highlights in the only year-round ski area in Tyrol are:
- Spannagelhöhle as the highest show cave in Europe with a cave museum
- Glacier safari with glacier flea Luis as an adventure course with tricky puzzles
- The nature ice palace is a worldwide unique natural jewel
- Culinary diversity with the Tuxer Fernerhaus and the Spannagelhaus
Breathtaking - visit Europe's largest waterfalls - with a drop of 385 m, an average of 5.6 m3 of water falls per second into the valley. The Krimml Waterfalls are with 400,000 visitors to the most visited attractions in Austria. Enjoy the natural spectacle on seat sculptures made of granite and admire the waterfalls of the new observation deck Jagasprung. Alone the drive to Krimml (about 45 km) from Kaltenbach on the Gerlos high alpine road and the Durlassboden Reservoir with stunning views of the mountain giants of Wildgerlostal and Finkau invite you to have a break.
On the edge of the Karwendelgebirge runs the Wolfsklamm at Stans. For thousands of years the Stallenbach has cut a deep ravine into the Karwendel. Then the monks from the monastery of St. Georgenberg came to the area and laid a way from Stans through the gorge to their monastery: For over 100 years, the gorge in Tyrol is a famous destination for families, hikers and peace seekers.
The Achensee is the largest lake in Tyrol, the locals call the Achensee "Tyrolean Sea" - once you arrive there, you will find an atmosphere that you hardly expect in the mountains: beaches with turquoise-blue water, sailors and surfers crossing the waves hunt, not to mention the giant boats for boating on the lake. The crystal-clear, picturesque lake between the Karwendel Mountains and the Brandenberg Alps is an absolute highlight as a destination, especially in summer, and can be reached in 30 minutes by car from Kaltenbach.