The unique natural surroundings of the Zillertal Alps
During your holiday in the Zillertal valley you get to experience breath-taking excursions, the wonder of the Alpine animal realm, impressive waterfalls, caves and many more natural spectacles!
Zillertal's high altitude road
- You get to experience unforgettably beautiful views and moments during a journey on one of the loveliest Alpine roads in Austria.
- The mountains in the Zillertal valley are quite literally at your feet on this excursion.
- Murmelland at Kaltenbacher Skihütte Höhenstraße, where you get to see marmots up close, numerous mountain inns on the Alpine road tempt you to stay for a while, among other things then there’s the mountain inn for the well-known music group Zellberg Buam, access in Kaltenbach, 500 metres from the Kaltenbach.
Eagle's stage on the Ahorn
- The birds of prey demonstration in the Eagle Stage on the Ahorn mountain is a very special experience!
- At 2000 m altitude the kings of the skies inspire with spectacular aerial acrobatics, with the dreamy Zillertal Alps in the backdrop.
- In the show, which lasts for around an hour, eagles, eagle owls and the like swoop down just above visitors‘ heads, while the falconer recounts interesting information about the way these birds live. Mayrhofen, around 17 km from Kaltenbach.
- The Schlegeis Alpine road proceeds through natural stone tunnels, passing impressive waterfalls to the reservoir.
- There, to the south of Mayrhofen awaits a masterful combination of technology and nature.
- Enjoy the Zillertaler Alps nature park up close, detour to the Naturparkhaus in the mountaineering village of Ginzling, some 38 km from Kaltenbach.
- Visit the highest show caves in Europe and their adjoining cave museum at 2660 m altitude.
- This fascinating natural monument is in Tux, just 30 km from "Das Kaltenbach".
- Gaze in wonder at the biggest waterfalls in Europe, with a 385 m drop.
- Experience the Aquaszenarium and the WasserWunderWerke during an excursion to Tyrol.
- On the way to Krimml treat yourself to a detour to Wildgerlostal, passing the Durlassboden reservoir, in wonderful Finkau.
- Krimml is around 45 km from "Das Kaltenbach".